CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Lifelong Learning

Wow, it has been a VERY long time since I have been on my blog...updating it has been in the back of my mind for quite some time, I just haven't acted upon it. To better explain why I am here, all of a sudden, I am going to go back a little...

Earlier this year, I decided that I wanted to finish school to earn a degree. I have been sitting at one class shy of an Associates degree for the past 6 years and it has been eating at me. However, I've been  hesitant to pursue anything out of fear. Afraid that I wouldn't understand, afraid that I wouldn't be able to keep up with my work and my responsibilities as a wife and mother. Afraid of the amount of effort I would have to put forth, because school never came easy for me, and I had to work extra hard. I am happy to say that, almost 1 month ago, I began my trek toward my degree. No, I haven't overcome the fear, but I have learned that, as long as I put forth my best effort, then turn to the Lord, He will make up the difference. I am truly grateful, for the Pathway program through BYU-Idaho. It has give me and others like me the opportunity to accomplish this goal.



I have been reminded over the course of just a couple of weeks, that Heavenly Father is very aware of me. He knows my circumstances, fears, joys, set backs, needs and desires. And wants nothing for me but my happiness. I am grateful too, for this program, because it is helping me get back on track with where I want to be, as a disciple of Christ. Too easily, I allow the distractions of the world to cloud my thoughts and actions, and I lose focus of what is truly important. I love the fact that, as I get to learn in a school setting, I also, am able to strengthen my testimony in my Savior. Allowing the Holy Ghost to teach me throughout any situation in life. "Learning has and Eternal shelf life." And I have been given the opportunity to seek knowledge, spiritually, physically, mentally and emotionally. So that I can continue to be the best me. It isn't always easy, and I get distracted, but as long as I keep my goal in focus, I am able to stay on track and accomplish all that I set my mind to.





No comments: